Areas and Congregations of the Texas District-LCMS
Texas District LCMS Mission/Stewardship Facts 2011
Did you know:
- that according to Texas demographers over 1,000 people a day are moving to Texas?
- that your offerings to the Texas District fund 66 ministries and agencies?
- that over 80 missionaries and their families are receiving support from the Texas District?
- that over fifteen languages, including Ethiopian, Korean, and Spanish, are used by these 80 missionaries?
- that more than 55 new Word and Sacrament ministries have been started over the past five years?
- that there is both multi-ethnic mission work and multi-generational mission work being done?
- that there is mission support for college students as well as the elderly?
- that the Texas Distirct has set a goal of starting 200 new missions in partnership with congregations from 2004-2017?
- that there are over 150 new mission locations targeted for research and development in the Texas District?
- that the Texas District continues to be among the leaders in Synod in planting churches?
The challenge to bring the Gospel to our neighborhoods and communities is clear. The movement in the Texas District is possible because of the generous prayer and financial support of individuals and congregations across the District.
"I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call in Christ Jesus." (Philippians 3:14)